I love teaching English and helping people feel proud and confident about learning how to communicate well in English!
Between my undergraduate and graduate degrees, I earned my C.E.L.T.A. teaching designation (Certificate of English Language Teaching for Adults) in Thailand, and then taught at the British Council in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
I went back to Canada to obtain my Master's degree in Librarianship but keep coming back to teaching, especially in 2009 when I quit my public library manager job and took the year off to travel in South America. One year turned into 4! I loved living abroad and teaching and working as a librarian for a private language institute. This last job introduced me to being a Teacher Librarian, which I love. It is a perfect melding of my library background and love of teaching English.
I went back to Canada in 2013 to have my son and would like to return to Teaching and Librarianship in an international setting again soon!
For the time being I am working and living in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada.
- All levels of English Basic, intermediate, advanced)
- All ages (2 years to 65+ years old)
- At Private Language Institutes,Universities
- Private lessons
Specifically I experience teaching:
- Resume and job interview skills
- Business English
- English Conversation
- Academic Grammar
- TOEIC and TOEFL preparation classes
- Tourism English
- Intro to English for young children (circle time, stories, songs, rhymes with actions, games in English, pronunciation games)
- Conference presentations
- Essay and thesis editing services
- English for Engineers and the sciences